Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Charlotte

My mom insisted that I have to brag about Charlotte.  She is worth bragging about, but I have tried to refrain because I don't want to a) seem like she is better than her brothers, and b) make all the other parents feel jealous.

Charlotte on her first day of school
About 6 months ago, Charlotte was our little sociopath. On some days she was delightfully charming, and on other days the words of a teenager would come out of her mouth, or she would lie on the floor and have a tantrum for no reason, or just argue with every single thing we said.  She is in a new phase now (it's always important for me to remember that the phases are temporary) and is just a joy.  She is helpful, funny, and kind. I had an earache one morning and put some drops in my ear. The next day she asked how my ear was feeling.  It seems like the first time in her life that she has noticed other people exist.
Sunny day at Sesame Place
 In addition to her more pleasant demeanor, she has been accomplishing things in every area of her life.  Over the summer she learned to swim and dive- although some dives are more like belly-flops. She worked hard on her handstands and has perfected her cartwheels.
apple picking
Her competitive spirit is alive and well and gets to come out every Sunday night when she participates in the Healthy Kids Running Series. She gets to run the 75 yard dash and takes her work seriously- booking it for the finish. She has come in 1st place both weeks and has her eyes set on the trophy at the end of the series.
First place (not in the highlighter green shirt), running in a skirt
 It is a joy to watch her strong body move.  She is muscular and graceful.  She still has her rounded baby edges, but she is solid and strong. She is so determined.

Charlotte has been eager to help around the house. She helped my mom get ready for Rosh Hashanah by setting the table and polishing candlesticks, and she likes to help me bake at our house. She has even started cleaning up her room occasionally! She is nothing but a joy. She comes to me every morning when she wakes up and insists that we snuggle together. Sometimes we do puppet shoes with Gray Kitty and Black-and-White Kitty, sometimes we doze together, sometimes we just make each other laugh. I love waking up to her cheerful face everyday, and I love having these days with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment