Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Charlotte: 1 month old

One month old today!
We'll see how long I can keep this up with 3 kids...

Charlotte is 1 month old today!  It is hard to believe that a whole month has gone by, and yet I am so tired it is hard to believe it's only been 1 month.
snuggle bug
Awake at the playground

Height and Weight: TBD tomorrow at her 1-month visit.
Clothing size: I am still cramming her into some of my favorite newborn clothes, but she is outgrowing them.  I guess that means she's into the 0-3 month sizes.
Milestones: Charlotte is awake more during the day.  You can see she is starting to focus on things and that some things catch her attention.  I also swear she is trying to smile at me.  She has a very cute smile.
Outings and Adventures: Charlotte's been to the zoo, the Please Touch Museum, the Little Treehouse, Smith Playhouse, Trader Joe's (a lot), the mall, Costco, and slept through a trip to the indoor pool at the JCC.
Routine/Schedule: We usually get up with the boys, around 7 or 7:30.  Sometimes Eric lets me sleep in, and if he does, Charlotte and I will sleep til about 8 or so.  She usually wants to eat around 8 or 8:30, and then will be up for a little during breakfast time.  Then she'll sleep around 9, for up to 3 hours.  Then she wants to eat again, and will be up for a little before going back to sleep from about 1-4.  After 4 there is no real predictability. She might fall asleep if she's in the car, or be up for a long time.  She nurses off and on, a lot.  Around 9 or 9:30 I try to start our bedtime "routine," where Eric will change her diaper and swaddle her while I get ready for bed, and then we'll nurse in bed.  Some nights, she is off to sleep quickly.  Other nights she is up for a while, fussing and nursing.  I would say she is almost always asleep by 11.  For the past several nights, she has woken up at 2 on the dot and 5 on the dot to nurse.  Then she'll go right back to sleep. I am looking forward to her sleeping longer and only waking up once a night.
Favorite food: breast milk
Favorite person: mommy, since she provides the milk.
Favorite book: she has not expressed a preference so I have to assume it is "The Mixed Up Chameleon," since she hears it every night at her brothers' bed time.
Other big news or highlights of the month: She had her first Christmas, got to meet her 4 grandparents and 2 of her 6 great-grandparents. She has nursed like a pro, and slept most of the month.

ETA: at her appointment on January 22nd, Charlotte weighed 11 lbs and 0.5 oz.  She was 22 inches long- both in the 83rd %ile.  Her head circumference was only in the 50s, I guess she is a small headed baby like her brother Asher.  She is wearing 3 month size clothing and we just moved her into size 2 diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment