Sunday, June 1, 2014

what next?

Anyone who reads this has noticed that I haven't been posting much recently.  No real reason- our lives are still full of the same excitement, happiness, and temper tantrums as they have been for the past several years.

I used to have ideas for blog posts all the time.  Even if they were boring posts, they were thoughts, or this was a good place to get them out.  That hasn't been happening much anymore.  I want to keep up with my blog, since it is as close to a baby book as my kids are getting.  I'm very nostalgic and sentimental, and I love looking back on our milestones and adventures.

I have a policy of only saying nice things about anyone other than myself on here.  It's not as if I am a catty bitch and sit around thinking nasty things day in and day out and then presenting myself as a ray of sunshine on here, but sometimes people disappoint me or hurt my feelings, and I often leave that out of my blog.  I'm not a huge fan of public but vague complaints- if I have a problem with someone, they usually know about it because I speak to them personally, and actually, I don't like public complaints, period.  But somehow this has led to a falsely cheerful tone on here at times, which doesn't represent my reality, my perception of my life, or anyone's life at all.  And what makes a blog, article, or book interesting is its unique but realistic perspective on life; its ability to look at your own life and experiences differently.  Right now, my blog isn't even challenging me to do that!

So what comes next?  I really don't know.  I know writing is an outlet for me, and that this blog helps me keep track of the life events that fly past.  I know I will keep writing this blog, but it may take some time for me to find a new voice.  If you continue to read, things might be bumpy.  But my hope is that they will come out better than where they are now.


1 comment:

  1. I will continue to follow with whatever content you choose to blog about. I love getting updates on the kiddos and I made your cookie recipe a couple of days ago! -Alli

    ReplyDelete