Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving weekend 2017

We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend, where we enjoyed the usual traditions- family and food.

Wednesday:
Charlotte in her cultural appropriation gear from school
 Thursday:
5 mile Turkey Trot: our annual tradition 
end of the trot, with the Mann Music Center in the background

 Thursday evening:
cousins, and nuts and pie in the foreground
the ladies
selfie by the fire
The men's side
Beginning our game of Taboo. My mom couldn't even talk when it was her turn.
Friday:
Benjamin on our hike 
Late fall in the woods
We spent as much time as we could with family- my sister, cousins from Massachusetts and DC. We stayed out of the stores and went outside instead.  

We found time to relax as well as play.

Asher told Thanksgiving jokes at the table, and we remembered the things for which we are thankful.

In my annual ritual of gratitude, I am thankful for:

My three perfectly healthy children and their helpful and loving father. They continue to bring me joy each day. I miss them when I'm at work and still can't give them enough hugs and kisses in day.

My own good health- that I wake up each morning with no aches and pains, ready to take on the day.

Our warm, welcoming, messy home. I love that we bring in friends all the time, and that our house is a place for gathering and fun.

My parents, Eric's parents, and my aunt Jane and uncle Ed, who love our kids and spoil them rotten. Our kids can't doubt that they are loved.

Our good jobs, which continue to enable us to live a comfortable and easy life. We have a roof over our heads, cars to drive, and more than enough food to eat. Plus extra for fun!

The wonderful year we had, with the kids' first plane trip and our amazing time in California.

Our refrigerator is still overflowing, and I'm on to wrapping gifts, choosing cookie recipes, and planning Charlotte's birthday.  This is a busy and thrilling time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment