Thursday, March 29, 2018

8 year well visit

This afternoon I took the boys for their 8 year well visit. The nice part is that they haven't been to the doctor since their last well visit! Except for flu shots, which apparently gave them PTSD, because they wouldn't stop asking if they were going to shots, or, as Benjamin said, S-H-O-T-S.

There is not much to say- the visit was uneventful, and both boys are healthy. 
Asher was: 50" tall (48%, 2 inches taller), 56.6 lbs (53%, 2.5 lbs heavier)
Benjamin was: 48.5" tall (23%, 1.75 inches taller), 54.6 lbs (43%, 5 lbs heavier)

The doctor wasn't pleased that Asher hasn't gained very much weight. She wants me to load him with calories, no matter what they are. I asked her if that is something she has to tell other Jewish mommies to do, or if I'm the only one. She did say that at this age, she would rather see kids be a little underweight than overweight. But really, I could never imagine that I would have children with any trouble gaining weight. How can a growing child only gain 2.5 lbs in a year when I can gain that much in a weekend? It's a mystery to me.

I told her that Benjamin has been making great strides with his ADHD and that his teacher told us he is vastly improved in the classroom. And with Asher our only concern is that he is too picky about food and that it's keeping him from eating enough.  She really didn't seem worried about any of it (either that or she wanted to get home to her family for dinner), so we got clean bills of health and went on our way. Another year of wellness- we are so fortunate.


No comments:

Post a Comment