Monday, March 19, 2018

Charlotte- is reading!

Hair in braids hours before she got a haircut that is a little too short

An update on my big-little girl: She has taught herself to read! Eric and I are quite impressed with her ability; she is even reading with inflection. Neither one of us did anything to teach her, other than my saying "sound it out" if she found an unfamiliar word. And there you go- she is off and running, just like she has been with every other major milestone in her life.

Charlotte and I got to spend extra time together today. She asked that I come and join her for lunch at school, and rather than stay home and do my work notes or clean the house, I went and had lunch with her and her friends at their little table. Then I got to sit on the carpet with her in my lap and read a book to her and some of her friends before I left to run errands.

After school, the sun was shining (and it is supposed to snow the next 2 days, don't even get me started), so I made Charlotte play outside. She had no same-age friends to play with, so I became her playmate. We went on the swings together- and I mean together, she sat in my lap and let me do the pumping- and I got extra hugs and kisses. We did a little racing and playing tag; she is actually quite fast and I didn't have to slow down too much for her to catch me. We played hide-and-seek. When we got home she came to help me in the kitchen while I made matzo ball soup. And then after dinner, we had extra snuggles on the couch before I left for work. I adore her, especially when she is in a sweet and loving mood like she was today!

I am so proud of my girl for being so smart and so strong and so confident. I hope that it carries through her life and she can grow into a smart, strong woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment