Wednesday, May 18, 2011

some recent photos

Enjoying watermelon
A very tired Benjamin- at the start of the nap boycotts
Hi. I'm cute.
Watching the rain fall- no playing at the playground today!
I am sorry for the lack of posts- we've been enjoying a lovely visit from my aunt, Sharon.  I will have to post more about it, but I wanted to share some cute pictures.

The boys love spring and summer foods-- watermelon is always a hit, and Benjamin has started to eat corn from the cob.  His face lit up when he first tried it, so now I give him his own cobs to eat.  They also love asparagus, which is good except for the stinky pee it gives them!  I have found we are spending waaaay more on food now than we previously did.  In part it is the fact that we are now feeding 4, rather than 2, but it is also because I am far more conscientious about having fresh (or frozen, really) fruits and vegetables in the house.  I have always loved fruit and vegetables, but Eric is less enthusiastic, so at times I would survive with apples, oranges and bananas if I wasn't doing much food shopping.  Now I want the boys to have a variety, so I am constantly buying strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, peas, asparagus, broccoli, and bananas.  I do try to cook foods that we can all eat together, and the boys do seem to have an interest in different flavors and spices, which makes me happy.

This weekend our friends are visiting from New York- we haven't seen them since New Years and are very excited to have some time to hang out and catch up!  And the weather will finally improve, so hopefully we will take lots of walks outside, and have them lend a hand in chasing babies at the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment