Sunday, July 31, 2011

it's awfully quiet out there...

The other day we had one of those moments.  Eric and I were in the kitchen trying to get food together to bring over to my parents' house for dinner, and I noticed it had gotten quiet in the living room where the boys were playing.  I went into the living room and saw Benjamin near our pappasan chair (yes, we still have one.  Eric wanted to throw it out but I am very attached to it and won't let him).

But where was Asher?

Asher was behind the chair, and he had somehow managed to get a big tub of diaper rash cream from the windowsill, and had opened the diaper rash cream.

He was massaging it into his leg, onto his shorts, his shirt, his hair...

I called Eric in to come and see, and when Eric saw what Asher was doing, he laughed.  And Asher burst into tears, which set Benjamin off!  We had two crying, diaper rash-creamed babies, and were already late to leave for dinner.  Earlier, I had commented to Eric that I didn't think Asher's shorts and shirt matched (the sitter had dressed him), and Eric had told me there wasn't time to change him.  I guess I got my way on that one!

It was just such a little boy incident, that they are not only exploring new things, but that Asher knows to rub lotions/and creams on himself, and that both boys knew they had done something wrong without us saying a word.

I only wish I had gotten a picture before the tears started!

No comments:

Post a Comment