Friday, July 11, 2014

Charlotte's 18 month well-visit


I took my girl for her 18 month visit today.  Our pediatrics practice moved locations and lost half of its staff, which means that the doctor we'd been seeing for Charlotte since she was born isn't there anymore.  I'm inclined to just leave the practice, too, but want to stick it out a little longer and see what happens.  The doctor who started the practice, and who is still there, is a great and thorough doctor, so as long as we can continue with him it should be fine.

On with Charlotte- she is doing great!  She weighed 27.6 lbs (93rd percentile), and measured 33.5 inches tall (97th percentile).  She has grown about 2 inches in the past 3 months! (Assuming their measurement is accurate).  Regardless, she is growing and developing and thriving.  The doctor seemed pleased with her physical abilities and noted that she is very flexible- which I had just noticed myself.  He said it wouldn't be a bad thing to get her involved in gymnastics, especially given the level of energy she was exhibiting during her appointment.

Her current vocabulary is:
kitty, dog
ball, balloon, bowl, bow, boot
more, mama
down, up, dada, done
cheese, this, that, banana ("nana," stands for all fruit)
uh-oh!, yay!, and wheeee!

He asked if I had worries about her speech and I said no... since at this age the boys had 2 words or so apiece.  He said what I described sounded right on to him, which is nice.

He asked if I had any concerns at all about her, and I said no.  I really don't!  He also commented that she seemed very good-natured, which I agree with.  She is such a charmer; while we waited for her shots she played a little in the hallway and by the time we left, everyone in the new office knew her name.

She is healthy and well- and our next appointment is in 6 months, when she turns 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment