Wednesday, November 19, 2014

first field trip

I never wrote a post about the boys' first field trip!  On October 31, I chaperoned their class trip to the local fire station (the one that is halfway between our house and their school).  I was maybe just as excited as they were.  I was definitely more excited than Benjamin was, since he told me in the morning that he didn't want to go, and that maybe he was sick.  Then when I told him boys who were too sick to go to the fire station were also too sick to go trick-or-treating, he made an instant recovery.

Here are some pictures of our trip:
the class had made fireman jackets for the trip
Asher spraying the fire hose

Benjamin spraying the fire hose

the fire station gave the class fireman hats
The class on the fire truck
The class with teachers and chaperones by the truck
I left the trip with enormous respect for their teacher.  4 year-olds are not always great listeners.  Miss Carol, their teacher, seems to have endless patience with them.  She offered many opportunities for the kids to ask questions, and then everyone would raise their hand and offer up a statement of fact.  She would then remind them that questions are things you "wonder" about.  And yet she kept offering the opportunity for the kids to ask.  I don't know how she does it day after day!  After about 5 minutes of nonsense questions or statements of fact with the kids, I find myself ready to say, "No more questions! Quiet time!"  I guess that's why I'm not a teacher.  Just a lucky mommy who gets to take her boys on their first field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment