Sunday, January 22, 2012

1st trip to the aquarium


Today Grandpa Nick and I took the boys to the Baltimore Aquarium to meet up with Cass and Walter (the same people who first took them to the zoo, and got us a zoo membership, coincidentally).  Before the trip, Asher and I had looked at an online tour of the aquarium and Asher was very enthusiastic, saying "Oooohhhh!" and "Coooool!"so I was pretty excited to take them.

First we had lunch to ensure good moods for all present.
Asher enjoying a homemade chip
Benjamin scored a girlfriend even while acting like a goofball
Grandpa Nick and Benjamin
Our next stop was to see all the rays they have.  There was also a shark, and a huge sea turtle that Asher was very taken with.
"Ooooohhhh!"
Grandpa and Benjamin
Then we alternately raced/stopped for too long through the rest of the museum.  Asher seemed to think the octopus was really funny and kept going back to laugh at it.
the cutest brothers on the planet
Benjamin, Grandpa, and Asher
Benjamin and mommy
"Here, fishy fishy!"
Both boys had a lot of energy and stamina to walk around the aquarium.  We did go to see the dolphins at the end of our visit, but by that point both guys were just done.  Asher fell asleep within minutes of getting in the car and slept the whole way home, and Benjamin stayed awake until we were 20 minutes from the house!

We got home just as it was getting dark, and cuddled on the couch with daddy (who had enjoyed a day to himself and been very productive and busy around the house) until dinner.

It was a wonderful day, and although I am exhausted now, I am feeling very grateful for my family and my life.  It is such a privilege as a parent to share the world with my children, and to see looks of awe and excitement on their faces.  I love sharing that feeling with them-- sometimes I forget just how amazing our world is, and they remind me not to take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment