Saturday, June 8, 2013

changing so fast!

Things are changing here- my little baby girl is growing so quickly!  She's sitting independently, trying to crawl, and now very interested in food. I made some oatmeal for her and tried to feed her- she was grabbing my hands to try to feed herself!  Why does my baby want to grow up so fast?

She is also so big for a not-even-6-month-old, and so I have had to stop bathing her in the baby bathtub.  Tonight she had her first bath all by herself in the big tub:

Charlotte seems to love the water and was having a great time in there.  Tomorrow we're going to the pool at the boys' school and hopefully she'll enjoy splashing around in there, too.

And Benjamin woke up this morning asking to wear underwear!  He did a pretty great job of it- no accidents until about 6:30 pm.  He even stayed dry during his fairly long nap.  I kind of blame the accident on myself- I told him I thought it was time to use the potty, he said no, and I didn't push because I was getting dinner ready.  Regardless- first day in underwear and only one accident? Sounds pretty good to me.  We've been effusive in our praise and consistent with rewards.  Asher hasn't asked for any treats himself- I think he'd prefer to wear his diaper until college.

Today we went to Alex's "Original" Lemonade Stand.  It happens every year in our town, and I've gone every year since the boys were born (ok, except for last year, when I was in Bermuda).  The boys got so excited when they saw the bounce house go up at 9:30 this morning!  We had a good time there- Asher got to go on the fire truck:
They went in the bounce house, made bracelets, and saw lots of their friends.  I had invited people over for lunch, but by the time lunch time came, all the kids were falling apart. 

As much as I love the Lemonade Stand, and look forward to it every year, it makes me sad every year.  I love that a little girl started something that is now so big, but it breaks my heart every time her parents get up to thank everyone, because their little girl is gone.  Today I noticed other children with cancer, birth defects, and physical problems.  I know I say it all the time, but I am so grateful for the health of my children.  Sometimes I feel as though, if I recognize our luck and express my gratitude, I will ward off any bad fortune.  I know that isn't true, but I don't think it hurts to take a moment each day to be thankful for the way things have gone so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment