Friday, August 23, 2013

Charlotte: 8 months old

getting love and hugs from big brothers

Her babyhood is just going too quickly for me.  I love having a baby- especially this baby- and although I am proud of all her developments, I wish she would be a baby just a little bit longer.

Height and Weight: At our appointment at the Monell Center 2 weeks ago, she was 21 pounds, 2.5 oz and 27.5 inches tall.

Clothing size: She is still in 6-12 months and 9 month size clothes.  I would guess when it gets cooler and I put her in pants and long sleeve things, she'll be in 12 months or 12-18 month sizes, but for now she is mostly in rompers and dresses which are forgiving.

Milestones: Charlotte is pulling to stand and practicing her walking.  She will hold on to our fingers and put one foot in front of the other.  Where does this come from?  I think she is really motivated by her big brothers.  She follows them from room to room all day, even if she can't keep up.

There is one milestone she seems to be a little late on- really the only one- teeth!  She has no teeth yet, and I can't even feel anything hard in her gums.  I am sure she'll get teeth eventually, but in the meantime, it is really slowing down her broccoli-eating.

She has babbles- bababa, mama, and she says something that sounds like "hi."  She might be using a single "ma" to say "more," since she only says it as a single syllable when we are eating.  I'm not sure yet, though.

Outings and Adventures: We did a lot of weekend trips over the past month.  We went to visit friends in New Jersey for a day, and had a great time with all of their toys.  Then Charlotte and I went with my mom up to Boston for a baby shower.  Charlotte also went to the zoo twice- one of those times was with friends while Eric and I went to my grandpa David's funeral.

Routine/Schedule: Nights have improved- at most she is waking once a night, and that happens after 4 am most nights/mornings.  That doesn't mean I am sleeping better- I am having trouble falling back to sleep after waking up to pee or feed her.  She is sleeping a little later in the mornings, usually until 7 or later.  The other morning she slept until 8:30!

Otherwise, her schedule is similar to what it was a month ago.  She eats 3 solid meals a day most days, and nurses 6-8 times a day when I am home with her, and fewer times if I'm at work. She refuses the bottle and is not a big fan of breast milk out of a sippy.  Charlotte takes 2 naps a day if given the opportunity, but if we are out and about, she will not nap.  She is far too involved in the world to close her eyes.

Favorite food: Probably still breast milk.  She also can eat large quantities of pasta and pancakes.  Some nights she eats more than her big brothers!  In the past few weeks, Charlotte has had a lentil dish with turmeric, cumin, tomatoes, carrots, and zucchini as well as egg strata with leeks and tomatoes.  She liked both dishes a lot- and I am happy she's an adventurous eater so far.

Favorite person: Charlotte seems to love everybody. I am special because I nurse her, but she has a smile and a hug for everybody.  I don't think she can decide which big brother she loves more- she adores them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment