Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day at the Beach

Yesterday Meema and I took the boys and Charlotte for a day trip to Long Beach Island, where Jane and Ed had rented a house.

The day started very well, we got there around 11 and went down to the beach to play in the sand.
Beach Bear

stealing a sip
I guess no one was having fun

Then we had some lunch, then I thought maybe naps.  I was a total dope- Charlotte was asleep in a pack n play, and Asher climbed into bed in the room.  Then Benjamin said he wanted to nap, and I believed him.  He ended up waking everyone else up, and Charlotte was hysterical and wouldn't go back to sleep.  So instead we went for ice cream with their cousins.
their ice cream eating skills are better every year
 Back at the beach house, Charlotte poured a cup of coffee on the floor.  We decided to to back to the beach, and Asher got a huge splinter and gash in his toe on the wooden boardwalk. He refused to walk and I ended up carrying Charlotte in the Ergo and Asher on my shoulders across the sand.  I was sweating and out of breath.  Once we made it to the beach, there were flies everywhere, swarming us.  It was very upsetting!  So we called Meema (waking her up) to bring us band-aids, and then ran back to the house.
With big cousin Jacob

Then Asher wet himself in his swim suit, so I decided it was bath time for Asher, Charlotte, and myself.  Major hysterics from Asher and Charlotte.  At this point (5 pm) I decided we needed to hit the road- there was no way I could keep it together with Charlotte crying and Asher crying and nowhere safe for Charlotte to play. So we packed up as fast as we could and got going.  My mom said she would drive- in case Charlotte wanted to nurse or needed attention while we drove.  We got in the car and my mom backed down the driveway- right into a tree!  She took out the rear lights on the left, so we had no left turn signal going home.

We got on the road, and then my mom ran a red light.  We were laughing hysterically at how everything was going wrong.  Fortunately all 3 kids fell asleep, and the boys slept almost all the way home, but Charlotte woke up and complained after about an hour.  It was rough.  My mom told me she didn't want to see me until at least Sunday, or maybe Monday.

All 3 kids seem to still be worn out today.  I'm glad we went, because they had a great time with their cousins, but I'm still tired, and my mom is exhausted.  Sometimes 3 kids is no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment