Friday, May 28, 2010

Two months!

Yesterday the babies turned two months old.  We went to the pediatrician for their two month appointment, which also included lots of shots for both babies.  I looked away during the shots and also tried not to listen to their crying, but they settled down pretty quickly.

The doctor confirmed that they are growing like crazy!  Asher weighed 10 pounds, 4 ounces (up from 7 pounds, 5 ounces last month) and was 21 1/2 inches long.  Benjamin weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces (up from 6 pounds, 6 ounces last month) and was 20 1/2 inches long.  These weights are still pretty low on the charts for their age, but they were low birth weight and so the gain is very good.  Benjamin weighs more than twice what he weighed at birth!  So, they are still little, but they are eating and growing well, and the doctor said they were very healthy.

After the shots, they slept the rest of the day (other than when they woke up for feedings-- nothing stops a Landes baby from eating).  By evening, they both had low fevers, so we gave them Tylenol.  Between the shots and the Tylenol, I thought they would sleep through the night.  Ha!  Hahaha!  They woke up at 12:30 to eat.  That's even earlier than usual.  Oh, well, sleeping through the night will come some day... maybe when they weigh a little more.

I am still having trouble sleeping, but it is all my own fault.  I now keep myself up with anxiety about falling asleep.  Which is totally unhelpful.  I spoke to the lactation consultant and she said it is ok for me to take Tylenol PM while breastfeeding, so if I get too much insomnia, I will do it. 

The boys are doing very well, and I can see changes in them everyday.  Asher has started to smile.  I'm not sure if he is smiling at me, or the ceiling fan above me, but it is just great to see a smile on his face.  Ben has also smiled a few times.  And Ben has started babbling a little.  If he is sitting around awake and in a good mood (which fortunately is more and more often), he will just talk away.  It is very cute! 

Here is Ben kind of smiling:
And Asher just sitting calmly:
See how big my babies are getting?!?! 

2 comments:

  1. They are getting so big! And cuter and cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are starting to look so much like you! They are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete