Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So much change, so little time

Benjamin and Asher are really changing so much everyday!  They are working really hard on all their new skills.  Benjamin has mastered rolling over from his back to his belly:
(although this is a picture of him mid-way, focused on eating both hands at the same time)

Asher just started rolling from back to belly.  Asher is working on crawling, too.

Benjamin is trying to sit up:
And getting closer to doing it without his hands down everyday.

We are getting very close to a consistent nap schedule, with good morning and afternoon naps.  This means I spend a lot of time at home, but it also means that my babies are so cheerful.  As Eric noticed, there is rarely any screaming around here anymore.  The babies are a pleasure to be around, we have lots of exercise on the floor, and read books, and snuggles and giggles.

Asher loves his jumperoo:
And Benjamin is not sure whether the exersaucer is better for playing or eating:
They are both figuring out how to make things happen by using their hands.  Benjamin loves to pull on the toys on his exersaucer and make the songs come out.  He also loves pulling my hair and bringing me close to him.

The only negative right now is their nighttime sleep-- it has gotten so much worse!  That joyous post I wrote about them sleeping through the night about 2 months ago... we have taken several steps backwards.  They are both waking up about twice a night now, which means Eric and I are up about 4 times a night.  Not so good.  I am definitely tired... or exhausted.  One night I woke up with a baby in bed, and my nursing tank down, and I had no memory of the baby crying, or of someone going to get him, or of him eating... That was scary.  I have never had that happen before!  We want to do some version of "sleep training," but I can't stand to hear them really cry, so I don't know how well that will go, but something has to change before Eric and I go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment