Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is insomnia inherited?

It seems that my Benjamin is having some trouble sleeping.  I have never been a great sleeper, and maybe he got this from me... but we have been having issues!  He is skipping naps, and is then so tired that he can barely stand up-- seriously, he loses his balance and falls over.  Then he will lie on the floor and put his head down, but then try to bounce back.  After all this, and fussing and whining, when it is time for nap or bed, he will sit in his crib and cry and complain.  It's so frustrating for me, because I know he needs his rest, and there's nothing I can do.  If we try to let him "cry it out," he doesn't fall asleep.  We go in and check on him, and soothe him, but as soon as we leave, he goes right back to fussing and crying.  I nurse him, I rock him... nothing.  I worry, will not resting hurt his development?  He is usually such a happy, easy-going boy, and no naps make him a sad boy.  I hope this is just a phase that will be over quickly.  He is such an angel, and I want my happy boy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment