Monday, June 6, 2011

"Da-Deee"


The family at the playground
That's what Asher has been saying since Saturday morning!  I am not 100% sure he knows that Da-Deee is Eric, but he certainly noticed our enthusiastic reaction to his saying it, and so has repeated it several times since.

Saturday morning had another first- first use of forks!  Benjamin looked very interested in my fork, so I got him his own, and he knew exactly what to do.  We were having french toast, and he was able to feed himself.  Sometimes he holds the fork in one hand, and eats with the fingers of his other hand, or picks the food up with his fingers and then puts the food on the tines of the fork.  He really loves the fork, though, and if I don't give him his own, he will try to grab the big fork out of my hands.
Benjamin and his beloved fork
Asher and his funny squint
We had a busy weekend, with a birthday party on both Saturday and Sunday.  The Saturday party had a puppet show, and all the other children sat quietly on their parents' laps and watched.  My children raced around the room, trying to pull food off the tables, double-fisting goldfish crackers, and running out the door into the parking lot.  I worry a little that the other mommies won't want us around, since my guys are so active and a little wild, but so far everyone has been understanding that "boys will be boys." It definitely requires a great deal of energy from both Eric and me to chase them, and we sure did work hard for that birthday cake!

Here are some pictures from the past few days:
The Bear growling
Cute pajamas (Costco!) and a thumb-sucking Asher
Benjamin styled his hair with cupcake
We are trying to enjoy the good weather, by eating on our deck, taking lots of walks and jogs, and getting in the wading pool I bought them as often as we can.  I have a feeling that this summer will just fly by, and I hope that we enjoy it as much as we can.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment