Thursday, April 26, 2012

Girls' trip to New York City



This weekend I went to New York all by myself!  I went to see my two best friends from college and have some time with just the girls.  It had been years since we did it.

I know it is trite, but it felt like no time had passed.  Even though our lives have kept us busy, and we had a lot to catch up on, and it felt as if we were back in college (Kind of. There were a lot of things I used to do in college that I don't do anymore. Plus I was in bed around 10:30 which never, ever happened in college).

We walked all over town, taking rests here and there because Alissa is 25 weeks pregnant.  But still, she has a lot of stamina!  I went to the Upper East Side, Soho, the West Village, and very briefly, the Meatpacking District.

On Sunday, Amanda and I hosted brunch at her apartment.  Two other friends from college joined us and we sat, talked, and laughed until I decided I should go back to my family.

I had such a wonderful visit.  I missed the boys, but not desperately.  I got a good night's sleep, which I really enjoyed.  It was nice to be "me" again, and not "mommy."  Although I love being a mother, it was nice for me to remember that I am my own person.  And particularly with my friends who are not yet married, and don't have children of their own, it was very easy to talk about non-child topics.

I think I'll be ready for another girls' weekend sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment