Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 13 weeks

13 week belly picture (also the first of this pregnancy)
no make-up, no smile

I don't really have the time or energy to start a whole new blog for this pregnancy (sorry, #3, you are already getting short-changed), so I am going to do my weekly updates in here.


How far along?  13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss?  I don't have a scale, but I am certain I have gained plenty more than the "2 lbs in the first trimester" average.
Maternity clothes?  I have been wearing some.  I got a few things on sale, and have worn maternity shorts, maternity skirt, and a maternity dress.  I still fit into regular shirts and some of my bottoms that are in bigger sizes.
Pregnancy symptoms?  Some lightheadedness and dizziness if I stand up too fast, or am hungry or thirsty.  Still some nausea around certain smells, or garbage cans, or bathrooms.
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep?  I am actually falling asleep well, which I am excited about.  Pretty much for the past 2 years I have taken something to fall asleep at night- Tylenol PM, Melatonin, or Ambien.  I am waking up early, though, and having trouble falling back to sleep.  My OB did give me some Ambien to take a little of if I wake up around 4, but it doesn't always work.
Best moment last week? Having my NT scan and seeing one perfectly healthy fetus.
Movement?  None. I have an anterior placenta again, so I don't anticipate feeling anything for many weeks.
Food cravings? Maybe more on the salty side?  But I am eating a lot of fruit.  Earlier in the pregnancy I was always hungry, but now my appetite feels more normal.
Gender? A mystery, but I am guessing another boy.
Labor signs? Um, no. Not yet.
Belly button in/out? In. It never popped last time.
What I miss: The relative peace of my last pregnancy!
What I am looking forward to: My OB appointment next week.  I can never get enough reassurance!
Milestones: We announced the pregnancy on Facebook.  Obnoxious, I know, but Eric really wanted to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment