Saturday, December 7, 2013

We're back in our house, and it's almost done.  We need countertops, and a sink and dishwasher, but it's livable.  After almost a year in boxes, we've unpacked our nice china and all of our bowls and dishes.  Our dining room is beginning to more closely resemble a dining room more than a refugee camp with dishes and food crammed into every nook and cranny.  It feels good to walk into our house now, and that makes me happy.  Yesterday I bought the kids a new toy off of a yardsale group on Facebook, and when the lady came to deliver it she commented on how nice our house is... and I could believe she meant it!

We've had some trouble with the transition.  Benjamin has gone back to having accidents (poop) pretty much everyday.  Asher has been having tantrums.  For the past week, I've felt as though I want to tear my hair out every day that I have all 3 kids by myself.  It takes forever for us to get out the door to go anywhere, and then there are tantrums when it's time to leave wherever we went.  Eric is leaving the country for a week, and I am extremely nervous about how I will handle things when there's no spouse around to share the load!  I do not know how single parents do it- every parent needs a break.

We're nearing Charlotte's first birthday, and I just can't believe it.  The year has flown by, and she is such a person now, it is hard to imagine that one year ago we hadn't even met.  She is big, funny, and curious.  She has no idea that she's not even 1, and thinks she can do anything a 3 year-old can do.

Here are some photos from the past week or so:
Asher clearly enjoying being center stage at Shabbat at school

Benjamin, the very serious Pilgrim, at his school Thanksgiving Feast.  You know your kids go to a Jewish pre-school when they get bagels as part of their Thanksgiving meal.

A little bit of static while swinging outside

The silly monkey- she was trying on a hat and my timing was off.

Contemplating the Hanukkah blessings

Benjamin with a bag on his head.  Asher is in front of him, pretending to be scared, Charlotte is watching them like they're crazy.

Asher and his friend Maddie having some quality time together

Benjamin in his train conductor hat (so cute!) with their Hanukkah gift- a pirate ship!  I have since heard a lot of "Yo Ho Mateys Away!"
In general, we are all well- even on our most difficult days, I feel fortunate for all that we have.  I hear about, and work with, people who don't have food or are unable to buy gifts for their children in this holiday season.  We are so lucky to have more than we can eat, and all that we could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment