Monday, September 27, 2010

6 month well visit

This is a quick update on our visit to the pediatrician.  Both boys continue to be the picture of health!  They didn't get to show off all their skills, but the doctor said they look great.  Here are their stats:
Asher:
26 1/2 inches long
16 lbs, 7 oz
Benjamin:
25 1/2 inches long
16 lbs, 6 oz
I forgot their head circumferences, but Asher's was on the small side, but my impression is that stuff changes quickly and is a matter of millimeters.  The doctor didn't say anything about his head being small, I just noticed it on the chart.  But she said they are growing very well, and that we should expect that they can sleep through the night now.  She said Ferber is fine to follow. 

I am hating that we're letting them cry a little... and really it is only Benjamin because he is the one who wakes up more often, and who cries more.  Last night he cried for a while (I am not even sure how long, but Eric says 20 minutes or so) and I had a nightmare that he had been crying because he was sick and we had ignored him.  He got so sick the next day (in my dream) that he died!  I woke up completely upset and sent Eric in to check on him.  Of course he was fine, and when he woke up in the morning he was perfectly happy and cheerful.  Ugh.  I can't stand listening to them cry, and if I see them, it's even worse, so I make Eric go in to comfort them at night.  I just tell myself that it will be worth it if they get to sleeping through the night, and taking good naps, and are rested and cheerful.

We'll go back next week for flu shots for them, and Eric, my mom, my dad, and I all need to go get flu shots ourselves.  I really hope we can go a long time without anyone getting sick!

Overall, we continue to be very lucky by having two healthy, happy baby boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment