Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We are home from Maine and celebrated the start of 2011 at home with friends.  Like last year, we were joined by our friends Alissa and Greg.  Since 2002, Alissa and I have spent every New Years together except for one.  We're a good fit because we both like staying in, don't like to drink much, and are happy to be in bed by 10.  And Eric and Greg are happy to play video games all night long.  So we just cook a big, delicious dinner and enjoy the company.

With all the errand-running I did, and the cooking, and the up-and-down the stairs, it was hard to believe that 1 year ago I had been house-bound and lying down all day.  And hard to believe 1 year ago I was 24 weeks pregnant.  My belly was still so small!  And I was so nervous about being at the point of viability, and grateful to have made it that far, and have gotten my steroid shots.  New Years Eve this year, I fed and bathed my two active babies, nursed them, kissed them, and put them to bed.

What an amazing year 2010 was.  I still cannot fully comprehend that my two sons are truly here with me, and that this is my life.  I think about all the possible outcomes we could have had, and feel so lucky this is how our lives turned out.  One year ago today, my wish was that things would be exactly as they are right now.

I never make new years resolutions, but my hopes for 2011 are that my boys continue to grow and thrive, that Eric and I be able to enjoy a few more dates/couples' nights than we have in the past 9 months, and that my work begin to pick up so that I can move ahead with my career.  And of course, I always hope for health and happiness for all my family, friends, and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment