Saturday, September 1, 2012

24 weeks

I can't believe I'm already 24 weeks!  I know I still have a long way to go, but of course this was a big milestone the last time around, and I'm happy to be here again.  And especially to be here without complications!

Here are pictures of my belly with my neighbor, Natasha, who is 37w3d.
Cute picture.  Now here is the secret:

I am so short, I had to stand on a stool for our bellies to meet!

I don't think I look great, I think I look just chunky.  I think I am as big as I was with the boys, with padding all over in a way I didn't have with them.  Oh, well. I went to the OB yesterday and the nurse said I don't need to worry about my weight. I'm not worried about the actual number (because I don't know the number) but I just don't like the way I look, I really don't feel like the cute pregnant lady I wanted to look like, and maybe even did look like last time, but had to hide in the house instead.

My OB said I am measuring right on.  The heartbeat is good and strong- usually right around 155. My blood pressure continues to be low.  I feel good, but I do get tired more easily.  When I carry one of my guys up the stairs for a nap and sing our goodnight song, I am out of breath at the top of the stairs.

I also find that around 10:30 or 11 am, if I haven't had a snack and am outside/hot and active, I start to feel a little shaky.  I hope this isn't a sign that I have gestational diabetes!  I have to take the GD test sometime in the next month, and I am nervous about it because I failed the 1 hour test last time.  I am hoping it was a result of having multiples and won't happen this time.


How far along?  24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss?  See above.
Maternity clothes?  Everything maternity.
Pregnancy symptoms?  I am getting tired by the end of the day. I am sure this is also normal between my insomnia and (almost) 2.5 year old twins.
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep?  Right now I am able to fall asleep, but when I wake up to pee (which of course happens at some point every night) I have a hard time falling back to sleep.  I am definitely tired.  I have a prescription for Ambien, which meant that I got to have a consult at the pharmacy when I went to pick up the prescription.  The pharmacist said the biggest concern would be the baby going into withdrawal after birth, but since I take approximately 2.5 mg/night he said he's not too worried.  Well, that's good, because neither am I.
Best moment last week? Nothing major, but I am happy to be 24 weeks.
Movement?  I feel movement everyday.  The movements are getting much stronger, and last night she started to kick at my computer on my lap and it was bouncing around.
Food cravings? I really like the combination of sweet and salty.  I put salt on lots of sweet foods, like french toast, or on Monday I made myself a grilled cheese and added apricot jam and salt.
Gender? As far as we know, still a girl.  However, people seem to LOVE telling me about someone they knew who was told it was a girl and then had a boy- hahahaha.  Why do people think I want to hear that story?  I have two boys. I don't need a surprise penis at delivery.
Labor signs? None, just 2 or so Braxton-Hicks a day, usually when it is time to pee and my bladder is crowding my uterus.
Belly button in/out? In.
What I miss: I definitely could have used a glass of wine after the guys went to bed last night.
What I am looking forward to: Cooler weather and clothes I can hide in.
Milestones: Today being 24 weeks!  Next up- passing (hopefully) the glucose tolerance test.

No comments:

Post a Comment