Monday, October 15, 2012

30w (and now 2 days)

Tonight- seriously tired, and annoyed because Eric was saying that my arm looked fat.
close-up of the belly and the fat arm


This morning I had a growth scan ultrasound, and things could not be better.  First, this baby is growing perfectly, and measured in the 50th percentile.  Just right- not too small, and not so big I have to start worrying about how I am going to push her melon head out.  She is head-down, and my OB said she will most likely stay that way.  Hurray!

Both the tech and OB confirmed that yes, she is 100% girl.  My OB put her genitals in 3D and took a picture, I told him that was a little too exposing for that poor baby.  But yeah, in 3D there is no confusion about what you're looking at, and I am definitely carrying a girl.

Then my OB took a cervical measurement and it's still measuring above 3 cm, which is unchanged from my past two visits.  At this point in the pregnancy, the cervix starts to shorten anyway, so I am right where I need to be.  100% normal- no glucose problems, no anemia, no cervical problems, head-down baby, and my blood pressure was 100/60.  I felt so great leaving.

How far along?  30w2d
Total weight gain/loss?  Gain.  How much, who knows, but I really feel much larger than I did 2 weeks ago.
Maternity clothes? Yes. I don't have too many but I can't rationalize buying anything new that will get worn for only 2 months.
Pregnancy symptoms?  Still irritable, but not as bad.  I have not wanted to kill Eric nearly as much, which is good for the sake of our marriage.  I get pretty tired out at the end of the day.  I'm also feeling creaky and sore, especially in my hips and inner thighs.  My OB said this is totally normal.  I never felt this way in my last pregnancy.
Stretch marks? I can't tell, but I might be getting some new ones.  Oh no!  How can I make it through a twin pregnancy in such good shape and then end up a mess after a single pregnancy?
Sleep? I have a lot of trouble falling asleep after I get up to pee, which is a minimum of once a night.  I take ambien, which I kind of hate that I do, but it helps me sleep.  I am also getting uncomfortable because I only lie on one side and I don't move or shift.  I wake up with a sore hip, and my underwear and pajamas cutting into me because of the weight I put on them.
Best moment last week? I guess this morning, feeling so reassured and normal.  Also, Eric and I picked a name, and I knew it was right because I felt so excited when I said it.
Movement?  Yes, I still feel her all the time.  She is definitely not flipping, but I know where her parts are now, and I feel kicks and her legs and arms moving.
Food cravings? Fruit and maybe some sweets.  Eric did get me a McFlurry last week as a treat, my first real pregnant lady food.
Gender? Girl!  Still so excited about it.  And her sweet girly name that we picked.
Labor signs? Braxton-Hicks. Some days I have more than others, but I have them everyday, especially when I have to pee or just went pee, and if I move suddenly or bend over.
Belly button in/out? In.
What I miss: My waist.  I remember missing it in my last pregnancy, too.
What I am looking forward to: It's still a ways off, but I am looking forward to taking my licensing exam on November 12.  After that I can just be happy and be pregnant, and enjoy the last month to 6 weeks of pregnancy and getting ready for baby.
Milestones: Less than 10 weeks of pregnancy left!  I think today was also my last ultrasound- now I am just a normal pregnant lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment