Sunday, April 21, 2013

Charlotte: 4 months old

tummy time for a tired girl

"Don't forget you want my picture, too!" (and yes, that is chocolate all over his face)
Charlotte with Daddy on his birthday

Charlotte's 4 month update:
Height and Weight: We have our doctor's appointment on Thursday, but at our research appointment at the Monell Center 2 weeks ago, she was 16 lbs.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's 17 lbs by our appointment.  This is to say: she is a solid chunk of love bug!  She has rolls all up her legs and boy, are they delicious. I get great pleasure from nibbling on them!

Clothing size: She's into 6 months clothes from Carter's and 6-12 months clothes from Old Navy and Gap.  She has a ton of adorable summer stuff- rompers, dresses with bloomers- that I can't wait to get her in.  We had a few days of spring/summer-like weather last week and I got all excited, but now it's cold again.

She's wearing size 3 diapers!

Milestones: No major milestones this month- she is still rolling front to back, and working on back to front.  She loves to pick things up and put them in her mouth (already!).  She drools a ton, but no teeth in there yet.  She is becoming a champion thumbsucker, like her big brother.  She is so cute when she does it, because she fans the rest of her hand out over her entire face.  She started to enjoy Sophie the giraffe, and we brought down the Jumperoo for her to play in.

Outings and Adventures: Charlotte's first trip to Maine!  Our trip went well, and she is a seasoned traveler.  We've been bowling again, back to the zoo, and yesterday she ran a 5k with me in the city.

Routine/Schedule: We still don't have a schedule.  At this point, I am not sure what to do- when the boys are home, we usually spend the morning doing an activity that they like to do and that will tire them out for an afternoon nap.  She'll take cat naps, but she is now aware of what's going on around her, so she doesn't just sleep through all the commotion.  I am trying to figure out what her natural bedtime is- she had been staying up with me til about 9 or so but lately that has not been working.  Tonight she was asleep by 8, so we'll aim for that again tomorrow.  I remember the boys falling into a schedule around 5 months, so that is my hope for Charlotte, too.

She still breastfeeds on demand, probably 8-10 times a day.  She may be going through a growth spurt right now, because she is eating a little more at feedings than she was a week or so ago.  You'd think with all this nursing that I'd have lost all the baby weight, but I haven't.

Favorite food: Her only food- breast milk!  She is starting to watch me eat and it's possible she'll be interested in food soon.  I am not sure that I'll make all those purees I made for the boys- I might just overcook veggies and things for her, and let her feed herself.

Favorite person: She's not so picky!  Charlotte has a smile ready for everyone, and no stranger anxiety yet.  Of course she loves me, since I breastfeed her, but she also loves her daddy, her big brothers, her Meema and Papa Nick, and her aunts and uncles.  And they all love her.

ETA: at her 4 month appointment on April 25, Charlotte weighed 17 lbs, 1.5 oz (91st percentile) and was 25 1/2" long (83rd percentile).

No comments:

Post a Comment