Monday, June 28, 2010

Three Months!

Yes, this is a belated post.  First I was going to wait to get a good picture of the babies.  Here is what I got when I tried to take a cute "Three Months Old" picture:
Asher is falling over, and Benjamin is in hysterics.  I will try again, but it obviously won't be on their 3-month birthday. 

No visit to the doctor this month, so I don't have an update on their heights and weights, but it seems to me that they're getting bigger everyday!  Asher gets taller and taller, and Ben seems to be filling out, he has chubby arms and legs and a round belly.  I joke that those chicken legs he was born with are still in there somewhere!

They are doing so well with sleeping, we are very lucky.  They regularly go from about 8 or 8:30 until at least 4 am.  This morning Benjamin slept til 5:30 and Asher until 6.  Then we tried to go back to sleep again without much luck.  Next up: nap times!  We don't have any formal nap times, but I would like to institute a morning nap and an afternoon nap.  On one hand, this will constrain my schedule.  On the other hand, it will give me time each day where it is quiet and I can do things for myself.  Plus, I think it is good for babies to be well-rested.  As my dad pointed out, they are so much more aware now, and their brains need time to rest and process all that they learn each day.

They are still rolling from tummy to back, Benjamin more than Asher.  In the past few days, Benjamin has become more calm and enjoyed time awake and alone, just watching the world.  They both love to "talk" and make baby noises.  Benjamin is smiling more than he was, and Asher smiles all the time.  I LOVE their smiles, it just makes my day!

And we are halfway to my goal of 6 months of breastfeeding.  Breastfeeding has gotten much easier. Benjamin is still not a great nurser, but I am trying to nurse him more frequently, and do more tandem nursing.  I have gotten myself into trouble, though, because now Asher doesn't want to take a bottle.  So we are going to work on that while we are up with my in-laws, because I am going back to work in two weeks (two weeks!).  I am beginning to think that I will try to breastfeed until they are one year and can get cow's milk, because I really dislike the smell of formula.  Plus, I am cheap and I don't want to start buying it when they are bigger and eating more if I can still provide the nourishment myself.

This weekend we had a special visit from my cousin, Henri.  He is currently living in France, playing tennis for a living.  He came to the US for a few weeks to get physical therapy in New York, so he jumped on the train and visited us!  We loved having him, and he seemed to love the babies.  Here is Henri holding Asher:
Yes, ladies, Henri is extremely handsome.  No, he is not taken. He is out there as the greatest catch there is-- smart, handsome, very respectful, loves babies and his family... I could go on and on.  As could anyone who knows him!  We are hoping he comes back again soon.

We spent the weekend at Aunt Jane and Uncle Ed's pool to try to stay cool in this awful heat.  Here I am with Asher in his swim gear.  Funny because he hates the water and will scream if we dip his feet in, but I just thought it was too cute.
And here is Benjamin relaxing with his daddy in the hammock:
Overall, we had a very nice weekend.  We leave in a few days for our annual trip to New England.  It should be interesting, because Benjamin has decided he hates the car and just screams hysterically whenever we are in it.  It will be a test to see how long we can stand it.  Oh, and I called the pediatrician to ask if there was anything to do to make the trip more comfortable for us and they said, "Pick a closer destination."  I may be looking for a new pediatrician soon!

1 comment:

  1. Back to work so soon! Time really does fly. The babies are adorable as always. I hope you have a great vacation. I do want to hear about the car ride though, I hope it isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete