Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We went shopping...

And Benjamin finds it exhausting!  I was lured to our local shopping area by all the big signs that said "SALE!"  Last year at this time I was unemployed and hoping to get pregnant, so I didn't shop much.  Then I was pregnant and not showing much... and got hand-me-down maternity clothes... and then got put on bed rest.  So I have not really shopped in a long time. 

I am not yet back to my former size and shape, but I am not too far off.  Today I got a pair of shorts to wear while I am being a mommy and a skirt to wear while I am going to work.  The skirt is a size 4 pencil skirt that I bought 1) because it was on sale and 2) because I could fit into it!

We came home and the boys were cranky, I fed them, and then I cooked dinner with Asher on me in the Moby wrap.  I had a major mishap-- I went to put the lid on the salad shaker, and instead the shaker slipped out from underneath and sprayed balsamic vinegar all over the kitchen!  I just stood there for a second taking it all in and Eric said, "Are you going to pick the shaker up?" 

Right as we were finishing the clean-up and getting ready to sit down, our friend Susan showed up with a delivery from Whole Foods-- beer, cherries, tomatoes and mozzarella, and a homemade lemon-blueberry loaf.  So we invited her to stay for dinner, which made for good company and of course, good food.  

I put the babies to bed separately tonight, which is a nice change.  I nursed Asher alone in the nursery, in the glider, and sang him some lullabies and held him in my arms.  It was very peaceful and made me so glad that I am nursing and can have these moments with my sons.  I later nursed Benjamin downstairs, but he was still hungry (not a surprise) so I gave him some milk in a bottle and he fell asleep in my arms.  That was also nice, we had a cuddle and I kissed his velvety head and listened to his little sounds.  I love these little moments and try to hold on to them because I know they will pass too quickly.  I just love the solid feeling of them in my arms, their baby smells, their breath on my neck, their snuffles and sighs.  I hold them close and tell them how much I love them and how lucky I am to be their mommy.  I hope they know how much they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment