Monday, October 3, 2011

Bear in a big boy bed


What's that bed?  That's Asher's toddler bed- no more crib!

He started climbing out right after we got home from our vacation to Cape Cod, but after 1 day the novelty wore off and he stopped doing it.

Until this weekend, when he started again.  He's very good at it, and has great control, so I was not worried about him getting hurt on the way out, but then he would run all over the room, and disturb Benjamin.  And he couldn't get back in.

After nap time today, which was a bit of a fiasco, I told Eric it was time to convert his crib to a toddler bed.  Asher's verbal comprehension is not good enough to explain what we're doing or why, so I had some anxiety about making the transition.

We went upstairs before dinner time to explore his new room with him (we separated the boys so that if Asher decides to run around like a nut, he won't disturb Benjamin).  We lay on his bed, and he ran around the room, and we played a little.

At bedtime, he seemed very excited about the bed.  Here he is jumping off the bed on to the floor:
And here he is getting into the only trouble he could find in the room:

When it was time to go to sleep, I sang his goodnight song to him, and lay him down in his bed with his blanket.  He looked up at me with wide, surprised eyes, as if he were saying, "Wait, this isn't where I sleep!"  I left and he cried, so I sent Eric in.

Eric lay down on the floor and pretended to sleep, and put Asher back in bed and told him he slept there.  It took only a few minutes until Eric came out and I didn't hear another peep!  I hope it stays quiet the rest of the night, we could all use a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment