Sunday, November 25, 2012

36w1d- the most pregnant I have ever been!

First, some good, and non-pregnancy related news- I passed my licensing exam with plenty of room to spare!  What a huge relief, and an accomplishment.  I feel like, if I can pass this exam while parenting two toddlers, at 34 weeks pregnant, in the midst of buying and selling a house, there is hope out there for everyone.  Hurray!  Now I need to do some state licensing activities, but hopefully within a few months I will be licensed in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  I have no plans to leave my current job, and I won't actually make a whole lot more than I am right now, but should the time come when I want a change, I will be in a much better position to look for it.
36w pregnant with my friend Alex, who is 29w
And here I am, 36w1d pregnant, which is the longest I've been pregnant.  I didn't really expect to go into labor overnight last night, but here I am.  Who knows how much longer I'll be pregnant- I have to say that I am really hoping it's not 4 more weeks.


How far along?  36w1d
Total weight gain/loss? I am assuming more weight gain.  My appetite has been much smaller recently, I think I am out of room in there.  The crazy part of me thinks, "well hopefully a smaller appetite will lead to less weight gain..." but the rational part of me knows that at this point, my body will do whatever it wants to do.
Maternity clothes? Yes. I'm tired of the few I have and can't wait to go back to normal clothes.  
Pregnancy symptoms?  Heartburn is more frequent.  I am irritable, and a little more hormonal.  I have to pee ALL THE TIME.  I have tons of Braxton-Hicks.  My back is stiff.  I have a weird pain sometimes at the top of my left leg.  I feel full really easily and if I eat too much I feel nauseous.
Stretch marks? Yes.  I won't look at them.  And  my skin feels all tight and tired.
Sleep? Sleep has been tough.  I have trouble falling asleep if I'm too full, and I have been very sensitive to the sound of Eric's snoring/breathing, so I end up sleeping in the guest room a lot (or sending him in there).  I am waking up 2-3 times a night to pee, and it's not a guarantee that I'll fall back to sleep after I'm up.  Ugh.  I am definitely tired, and am trying to nap when the boys nap if I can.  
Best moment last week? There were many moments of sweetness with my little guys.
Movement?  Her movement feels slowed- it is still frequent but just feels slower.  It definitely feels like it's getting tighter in there for her.
Food cravings? As usual, nothing in particular.  I am enjoying apples and grapes a lot!
Gender? It better still be a girl! I just washed and folded a load of pink baby clothes.  
Labor signs? Nothing.  I have Braxton-Hicks, of course, but at my appointment on Wednesday I did let my OB do an internal, and he told me that my cervix is still high and not dilated at all.  He said maybe 50% effaced.  That does not sound indicative of labor to me.  I know those things can change quickly, but I don't really think it's happening anytime soon.
Belly button in/out? In.
What I miss: Ability to move.  It's hard to get my boots on, to bend over a lot, to hop up from the couch and chase my boys, lift my boys, carry my boys...
What I am looking forward to: Well, we close on our new house on Friday but I'm not really looking forward to it.  2 mortgages until our house sells?  Help!  But I am starting to get ready for Hanukkah- I bought the boys' gifts today.  Given our financial constraints it's a nothing-fancy year for us.  I got them tons of books at a bargain bookstore and TJ Maxx, as well as little water bottles, stickers, and coloring books. 
Milestones: Being pregnant this long!  And now I'm going to the doctor every week instead of every-other-week.  I washed the laundry for the baby and started gathering items for a hospital bag.  We have the various components of the car seat in one place (my parents' house).

I am eager to see what this little girl looks like and meet her, but I am not looking forward to a change in our family of 4.  Things have been pretty good with the boys lately- they are so cute and sweet and we have a general routine that works for us.  I am really dreading shifting my attention away from the boys for any reason, even if this baby is a good one.  I also know that it's difficult physically being pregnant and a mommy of toddlers, but I imagine it will be worse trying to take care of a baby and two toddlers.  I know I won't love the boys any less just because I love this new baby, but I think I worry that's what will happen.  And what if they feel like I do even if it's not true?

In general I am looking forward to what the future holds- our new family member, a new home, career advancement.  It is just a little stressful in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment