Thursday, March 4, 2010

33 weeks

How far along?  33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss?  I had gained another 4 lbs last week at 32 weeks.  I assume I have gained more since then.  I am not eating more than at any other point in my pregnancy, but I am growing everyday!  No more comments on how much I have gained, because I am going to weigh as much as Eric, and that is just a scary milestone to reach (and pass).
Maternity clothes?  You bet!  I have outgrown a few pairs of maternity pants I bought.  I still fit into them, but any pressure from a waistband anywhere on my stomach makes me contract, so I can only wear things that are loose, and those things are few and far between.
Stretch marks? Still stretch mark free. 
Sleep?  This depends on the night.  Some nights I am exhausted and sleep very well, except for having to get up to pee.  Some other nights I have trouble falling asleep, and then wake up about an hour later to pee feeling like it should be morning already.  I am just glad I get some good nights in there.  I am also SO hot at night.  The other night I was in only a tank top, with all the quilt pushed off me, and the heat in our house was set at 60.  And I was sweating.
Best moment last week? My shower.  It just went by way too fast!
Movement?  Lots of movement, fortunately.  My right side gets sore because both of their feet are over there, so I get lots of kicks.  I love feeling them move and I know I am really going to miss it after they're born.
Food cravings? Nothing in particular, I am trying to eat a well-rounded diet with lots of fruits and vegetables and good proteins.  But, being me, I still have a little dessert everyday. 
Gender? Two boys!
Labor signs? Just my Braxton-Hicks.  I feel pressure when I am standing up, but I guess that is inevitable with gravity acting on a giant belly.
Belly button in/out? It is still in.  It is very flattened out now and it should pop soon, if it's going to.
What I miss: Being able to bend over.  My mom had to come cut my toe nails the other day.  Pulling on a pair of pants is an aerobic exercise.  And other people have to tie my shoes, so I am wearing mainly slip-ons.  I can't wait to bend over like I used to!
What I am looking forward to: Really I am looking forward to 1 week from today, when all my restrictions will be lifted.  That will feel like a major accomplishment!  In non-pregnancy excitement, The Real Housewives of New York City comes back on tonight and I absolutely can't wait.  I love, love, love the drama.
Milestones: I spent a week doing activity everyday, and I am still pregnant.  I am still scared everyday that it will be too much, but so far no labor.  I am starting to feel more "normal" as these things go.


Today I went by my fertility doctor's office to drop off a box of unused needles and syringes, they were the end of my box of IVF medications and I wanted to donate them in case someone without insurance needed them.  Village Fertility was incredibly generous with needles!  The doctor's office asks that pregnant women or women showing off their babies come in the afternoons when there are fewer patients, which I understand and am happy to do.  Anyway, it was an exciting moment for me, to waddle through the door fat and pregnant after all the times I went in there nervous and disappointed.  Everyone was very sweet, and my favorite nurse was there.  She gave me a big hug and told me how great I look, and took me back to see my doctor, who had a free moment (miracle of miracles!).  He seemed really happy to see me, and said I'm "all belly."  I can see the areas where I've softened up, but yes, the belly surpasses all else!  I was happy to see them again, I have to say that I formed an attachment to the staff there, they are really wonderful and sweet and always seemed invested in my cycles and the outcomes.


Then I went to the library to re-stock on chick lit, and then my mom and I went to have a cup of coffee and to look at a cookbook together.  Again, someone in each place asked if I was due in the very near future.  I know some people get annoyed by questions like that, but I love it.  I get to tell people I'm having twins, and share some of my excitement.  I am just so happy to be pregnant and out in public.  


Tomorrow is my weekly non-stress test.  I am hopeful that it will be uneventful.  As far as I know, I am not regularly contracting, so that should continue.  This weekend we have a couple of visits from friends, and I am going to try to squeeze in some Oscar-nominated movies, which I have not been so good at doing.  And the weather is warming up, so even though there is still plenty of snow on the ground, it gives me some hope that spring is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment