Friday, February 5, 2010

29w1d: cervix check-up

My appointment this morning was another uneventful one.  Those are definitely my favorite ones!  My OB measured the boys' heartbeats, and they were nice and strong.  He didn't even calculate how many beats per minute they were, because they sound just right.  The boys had been up and moving earlier but were still and asleep during the ultrasound.  Then he used my old friend, the transvaginal ultrasound wand, to check my cervical length.  It was still at the longer length, so it continues to be stable.  He said that was great, and to just keep up what I'm doing. 

I told him I have an appointment next week, and should I make one for two weeks from now?  He said no!  He said next week is our last check, and that in two weeks, I should use my outing of the week to go out to dinner with Eric.  That is so exciting!  He doesn't want us spending 3 hours on a multi-course meal at a fancy place, but we can go to any of the casual places around here and spend about an hour or so out to dinner, just the two of us.  I seriously can't wait.  Like normal people!  What will I wear?

He is fine with me having my shower at 32 weeks.  It seems as though, given how long I have been stable, he is expecting me to hold out for at least another 3 weeks, likely more.  I sure hope he is right.  We came home and I got back into bed, but it really does seem like there is light at the end of the bedrest tunnel.  Just a few more weeks, and I know I can do it!

The OB didn't weigh me, so I jumped on the scale when he left for me to change, and I have gained 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks.  1.5 pounds a week is perfect for the third trimester in a twin pregnancy; if I continue to gain at this rate, I will gain just over 35 pounds over the course of the pregnancy, which is ideal. 

We got our first gift from the baby registry today!  It is the baby swing.  It came from my Uncle Ed's sister and mother.  I was totally surprised, Ed is married to my mom's sister, so I am not related to his sister and mom, and I haven't seen them in about 10 years.  Ed said he had no idea they had done it.  We can't figure out how they knew my married name, or where to look for my registry, but they obviously did some sleuthing and figured it out.  And I am very excited to have a baby swing!

Also, my dad has been spoiling me.  Today he brought me flowers (two weeks ago he gave me 2 dozen red roses, today it is a mixed bouquet) so that I can always have fresh flowers to look at while I'm in bed.  I also told him I wanted chocolate cake for dessert, so he called a fancy bakery a few towns over and came home with a triple-chocolate cake.  Oh my gosh, sooooo good!  Cake, mousse, ganache.  It was pretty to look at but totally worth cutting into.  And then I mentioned that I wanted orange juice.  And in 3 or 4 inches of snow, he drove back to his house, got orange juice, and brought it to me.  At 10:30 at night.  I am so lucky.

Tomorrow I think work begins on the nursery.  I will have Eric take some "before" pictures so you can watch the progression.  There's not much else to do around here, since we are expecting 12 or more inches of snow.  So, off to sleep, and then I will try to keep updating with nursery pictures over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment